Prepared, set, crunch! Crisp and colourful, this cabbage salad recipe is the proper aspect dish!
This cabbage salad has a mix of contemporary inexperienced apples, tangy pink and inexperienced cabbage, and crunchy toppings, all tossed in a easy candy and bitter dressing.
Excellent for a fast aspect dish or a wholesome addition to your subsequent potluck, everybody can be coming again for seconds.
Cabbage Salad: A Crispy, Crunchy Aspect
Recipes for cabbage salad usually contain a barely soggy scoop of shredded slaw combined with mayo, however not this recipe!
- A refreshing change from abnormal greens, this salad packs a colourful and crunchy punch.
- No extra wilted leftovers; the sturdy cabbage base stays contemporary for days.
- Put together it upfront to save lots of time.
- Do-it-yourself dressing with only a few easy elements, and prepared in minutes.
- This cabbage salad is well customizable; add your favourite veggies, nuts, or protein for a novel twist.
Substances & Variations
This salad has extra additions than a conventional slaw recipe. It’s simple to get inventive and blend issues up with this recipe.
Cabbage: Mix thinly sliced inexperienced and purple cabbage for a pleasant mixture of crunch, colour, and vitamins. Alternatively, use Napa, pink, or Asian cabbage for selection. Add matchstick carrots, chopped kale, or shredded broccoli stalks for additional taste and vitamin.
Granny Smith apple: Provides a tart and crisp contact; attempt different agency apple varieties like Honeycrisp or Pink Girl.
Cabbage Salad Dressing: A tangy-sweet mix of rice vinegar, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard is the proper mix. Customise by swapping vinegar varieties or utilizing different sweeteners like honey or brown sugar. Honey mustard dressing is an effective different.
Toppings: Elevate your salad with tangy crumbled feta cheese, candy dried cranberries, and nutty toasted pecans. Experiment with completely different cheeses, dried fruits, nuts, and seeds.
How you can Make Cabbage Salad
- Thinly slice cabbage and apple (per the recipe beneath).
- Shake dressing elements completely in a sealed jar.
- Toss collectively in a salad bowl and prime with feta, cranberry raisins, and nuts.
- Discard any wilted leaves earlier than slicing the cabbage. As soon as minimize, wash and completely dry the cabbage to make sure a crisp, crunchy salad. The cabbage and be ready forward of time.
- Ready coleslaw combine isn’t only for coleslaw; use it rather than cabbage to save lots of prep time.
- When you’re not serving the salad instantly, add a squeeze of lemon juice to the apples to stop them from turning brown.
- Enable the salad to relaxation for a couple of minutes after including the dressing for flavors to meld collectively.
- Toast the uncooked sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, chopped walnuts, or pecans in a dry skillet for about 1 minute or till barely browned and add simply earlier than serving.
Leftover cabbage salad doesn’t get soggy as tossed salad may. Simply hold it lined tightly and refrigerate any leftovers for as much as 2-3 days and provides it a stir earlier than serving once more.
Methods to Use Leftover Cabbage Salad
Did you get pleasure from this Cabbage Salad? Make sure you go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
This simple cabbage salad recipe is tremendous tasty and nourishing too!
Thinly slice inexperienced and purple cabbage, and core and minimize a small Granny Smith apple into matchsticks. Place the cabbage and apple in a big bowl.
In a jar, mix rice vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil. Shake properly to mix the dressing.
Regularly pour the dressing over the cabbage combination, tossing to mix (chances are you’ll not want all of it). If time permits, let the salad relaxation for quarter-hour or as much as 1 hour to mix the flavors.
Sprinkle the salad with feta cheese, dried cranberries, and chopped toasted pecans.
Leftovers will hold 1-2 days within the fridge.
Cabbage could be changed with store-bought coleslaw combine or pre-shredded cabbage.
Serving: 0.75cup | Energy: 206 | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.